3.22.2014

The 5 Best Things About Going to a Miley Concert

As a young person in the workplace, I often receive a lot of flack. A lack of life experience and understanding of movie quotes pre-90s means you are the brunt of all office jokes. So what do I do to remedy this curse? GO TO A MILEY CYRUS CONCERT. BECAUSE THAT IS CLEARLY THE ANSWER TO EARN RESPECT AS A MILLENNIAL IN THE WORKFORCE.

It is what it is. When your high school besties group text you asking, "Miley concert?" your answer should always be yes. Besides, I'm twenty-two. If there is ever a time in your life when you can get away with going to a Miley concert, it's when you're twenty-two or fifteen whtvr

So since the damage is done, I came, I saw, I twerked, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on my youth/last weekend and rehash my favorite parts of experiencing a Miley concert.

Favorite part #5: When Miley flew through the sky on a hot dog


My phone died in the beginning of the concert #worstthingever, but I managed to capture this important moment in time. What is better in life than witnessing a flying hot dog?????? I've yet to think of even ONE thing.

Favorite moment #4: When "Tesselate" by Alt J started playing


I love me some Alt J. Whoever the #Bangerz production designers hired as a video/graphic designer to create this little kaleidascopal vid, did a great job. I mean, what do I know, but I enjoyed it. Me and  all the nearby 14 year olds.

Fave #3: Being reminded that I'm a 90's bitch


So there's that. I own that. That's mine. I thought it was A GREAT idea at the time. I even stood in line and paid $40 for it. I said THIS SHIRT MUST BE THE BEST INVENTION SINCE PB2, YES, MY ANSWER IS YES. 

Now that I'm a week older and wiser and broker the question that must be asked is, WHY, AUGUSTA, WHY??? WHERE WILL YOU EVER WHERE A SHIRT THAT SAYS "BITCH"?????????? 

Regrets aside, seeing Icona Pop was a mildly surreal feeling because I associate "I love it" with graduating college/last semester of senior year in undergrad, and that, my friend, is a beautiful memory.

#iboughtaIMA90SBITCHtshirt #IDONTCARE #ILOVEIT 

Fave part #2: Hanging out with old friends.

All of our phones are dying after the Miley concert #WhiteGirlProblems
Love these ratchets. #meow
There are only a handful of people on this earth that you can completely be your weird, unfiltered self around. I've known these two girls since diapers. They know me so well it's disgusting--BUT SO BEAUTIFUL. On the plus side, I can literally do/be/say anything around them and not feel judged. Which is wonderful, because I'm a respectable woman at a Miley Cyrus concert and I need not feel judged in this hard time.

On the down side, they're so used to me, I'm really not that funny to them anymore. They laugh at my jokes, of course, but I'm not the same level of funny to them, that I might be to a person I just met (IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE). They're so immune to my isms/quirks/sayings, they can easily listen to me talk to myself in a 2 AM cab ride and neither judge it nor laugh at it.

Anyways. Spending a weekend in San Antonio with these two weirdos was like a week of spring break packed into two LOADED days. Hashtag no sleep hashtag no sobriety hashtag how'd we end up in the VIP section? hashtag where's kenzie? hashtag where am I? hashtag i'm hungry hashtag how do people live in a town without uber hashtag i'm scared hashtag SELLEENNNASSS hashtag so much for my bustier

My favorite memory with these girls was about the last ten minutes before saying goodbye Sunday afternoon. We were in the bathroom of Magnolia's Pancake House, where we brunched, and I managed to laugh so hard I cried at something only the three of us would understand. ahhh, momentzzz<3

#1 Best part of the BANGERZ tour

THE FAMOUS TONGUE
It's hard to top being with my girls, but there is only one thing that could be my favorite #MileyMoment. It was so refreshing being in a place surrounded by accepting people. Of course the people at the concert were enthusiastic about the show, but it wasn't just them.

People we met at miscellaneous restaurants and bars around San Antonio had the same positive reaction. Whenever it was mentioned that my friends and I were in town to see Miley, the reaction was always "How exciting! That's going to be so fun--you'll have a blast!" Or "I'm SO jealous!!" Or "That's going to be wild!"

And you know what? I bet the people at the concert, and the people we talked to, aren't all psycho Miley-obsessed freaks. They're normal people with normal values in life. They're just accepting of things that don't align with that. Miley is a weird little nugget, there is no doubt in my mind, but instead of being surrounded by negative Nancies who only put it down, I was around people who embraced the weird and encouraged the freak flag.

Wear an unflattering leotard? Sure. Twerk in front of a stadium-size kitten? Why not???? Fly on hot dog? Hell yeah.

You go, Miley. You do your weird thang. I'm gonna Instagram it.

Some more wonderfully weird memories:






No comments:

Post a Comment